Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Quote That Brightened My Day....

Well, if you read my other post, my firstest post (yes firstest), then you probably know that I have grudge issues. Yeah, so mom has been trying to talk me out of punching the guy, and let me tell folks, it did not work. nice try mom... Well, a few days ago I had a dream that really spoke to me, literally. So there I was, standing in the dark area of my mind (since when is my mind black?) and there was this man that stood before me. He looked old but in pretty good shape, he wore white and sat on a stone. I told him my problems that bothered me and when I got to the part about me wanting to punch somebody. Yeah, he told me this and I remembered it pretty clearly when I woke up. I typed it on my phone so that I wouldn't forget it...

Heres how it goes...

"If a rival mocks, lies, and gossips about you,
do not yield to his pitiful acts.
If he finds joy in such,
laugh and walk away.
For there is only disaster when fights arise.
Do not let him bother you for his reasons are well-oiled with mistake and misfortune.
Do not slap him with the same glove,
for those who mock,
lie,
and gossip,
are workers of Satan's factories.
If you do the same,
you are bickering co-workers whose only pay is guilt and misery.
Laugh and walk away,
for the day is brighter when you turn from the rain clouds
and look in the direction of the sun."
That really got me... But I turned around, and a giant McDonalds logo was in front of me. And when I turned back to thank the man that helped me, he was gone...
So, usually mom calls in the morning every once in a while just to check on me and have those long talks because I miss her (and probably vice versa, I don't know). I told her about the dream and the white man, and she was surprised, I guess.
Mom: "It took a white man, a quote, and a McDonalds Ad to change your mind?
Nick: Yup...

3 comments:

RJ said...

LOL!!!! (:
pinch him instead!

ravenhime16 said...

I LOVE IT! That's a crazy dream! As you know, I have grudge issues as well, and I hope you're laying guilt on your sister...lots of it. This was great...

Lerie said...

Hey cool dream. It's not all the time people remember what they dreamt about let alone what was said in their dreams. Oh..and the McDonalds sign was the perfect ending to your dream =P