Sunday, December 28, 2008

Future Handyman

So, a few weeks ago (give or take a few days), I had a architecture project that involved wood cutting and gluing and stuff like that (read below for the architecture story). Well, my grandpa and uncle helped me that stuff, you know, the cutting, the sawing, that sorta stuff. I felt useless since all I did was give them the measurements and angles (that by the way, were complete accurate, in a way) so that they could chop it up.

SO, in order to revive my non-useless feelings, I decided to try to saw things today.
Yep, took me quite a while because I didn’t have a wood stopper or little thing to keep the wood from moving (my grandfather took it off). So anyway, it was pretty straight and a bit easier than I had thought, but if I had a stopper, then everything would be much better…


So, yeah, I feel great now that I know how to (partially) use a saw and stuff. I even learned how to mark angles and lines on a wooden block. Also how to mark the area that I’m supposed to cut. Now that I learned, its time for a project!

Its can be one of these:
A small wooden box/chest
Puzzle box (I have the blueprints)
A recreation of the pyramid project that I had
Or just about anything boxy I guess….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally! A blog entry.

How's your vacation? Mine's way boring!

I haven't started working on my power point yet. Do you know what chapter RJ is supposed to do?

RJ said...

hey nick!! finally writing!! hahaha

i'm having a blast here in bangkok!! haha loving every second of it

write often okay? see ya soon!