Thursday, January 1, 2009

Termpaper madness

I just cant think of a topic think for my term paper. I’ve been working on my term paper for some time over the break, but everytime I choose a topic, there doesn’t seem to be much resources in the library. And the internet is no help at all because they all say the same thing, like people just copy pasted everything.


Our teacher Ma’am Aguillion wants us to have an internet source as well as a book resource for our paper. But, due to the limited supplies of books relating to my topic, there is no hope for me at all.


For example.

My first topic was about Ventriloquism, the art of throwing your voice to make it seem as if it is coming from somewhere else. Well, there were books sources, all of them said exactly the same thing. Ma’am wants five or three book sources. And the internet didn’t help either, it was just a whole bunch of how-to’s and what nots. It gave no background history of anything whatsoever.


My second topic was about manners, simple and short. Yeah, it may seem easy, but heck, the books didn’t help at all, copy-paste, and the internet sources are all the same thing!


Now, ma’am said to do something that you would think is cool and fun to you. But I’m not sure about anything anymore. I could do a biography on a person, but I don’t think dead people are cool and fun. So I pulled the ones that I thought might be in the books and would have a lot of resources on the net. I think they are interesting (cuz I like these subjects, I think they’re pretty cool).


Chinese History

Architecture

Martial Arts Around the Globe

Woodworking

Unsolved Mysteries


Yep, I thought they are all pretty cool, but I’m having a hard time trying to choose which one I want to write about. I’m moving towards architecture, but I would like to do unsolved mysteries to keep Ma’am interested in my paper. And I’d love to study about the Chinese history, but woodworking sounds like fun. And martial arts sounds really cool since almost every country has a hand-to-hand combat technique of self-defense, and it’d be pretty cool if I could learn something about it.


Oy, if this wasn’t so hard to choose…

3 comments:

RJ said...

OMG!! choose a topic quick, the break is coming to a close very quickly! good luck with your term paper, and see you soon! will be on my way tomorrow night.. take care!

Anonymous said...

What do you mean dead people aren't cool or fun??!! Apologize to Hatshepsut right now!!! lol. Just kidding Nick.

But what do you mean you haven't chosen a topic yet???? You haven't started on your term paper at all??

Megan. said...

goOdluck with that..~