Monday, October 27, 2008

Strange Obsessions...

So yeah.... Here how it goes....

I was walking around the house right? Yeah, not much to do and stuff like that... Well, as quiet as it would seem, the mountains where I live are actually tainted with karaoke machines. You know, as a filipino, that'd probably be awesome (filipinos love singing or listening to music). Enjoyable to my filipino nature, I listened as poured their heart into the singing, and possibly their bottle of alchohol on the floor. It was horrible, they sang the same songs over and over. It went something like this...

"BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY!!"
And in the background was someone screaming:

"HOY! YABAG NAMAN!! Hahahahaha!"
Which actually means "Hey, its off-key!"

Actually, its fun listening to the drunk people sing... But actually I came to type about weird things that people are obsessed about, here in the Phillipines.

So, again with the karaoke machine. They actually can also play songs that they downloaded and blast it really loud so the rest of the people can listen. Yeah, thats awesome, my home theater can do that (by that I mean my ipod). But the strange obsession is, they play this one song over and over again. The song's title happens to be::


Song: Low (Ft. T-pain)

Artist: Flo-Rida

Genre: Really Really Annoying....

So yeah, thats the song. They love it so much, everyone in the Phillipines is singing it, even though its almost a year old. I know, its a great song, but they ABUSED IT! They play it so much that everyone knows it! Or... Just know what it sounds like. I heard someone singing the wrong lyrics... BUT STILL, by far they have ruined what was once a great song! They loved it so much that they invented a filipino version of the song.

::SCENARIO::

Nick: Hey Trixie, you know the filipino version of "Low"?

Trixie: Which one?

Nick: (Surprised) Theres more than one?!

Exactly what I mean by obsessed. I listened to both versions of the song. The Tagalog and Bisaya version, and let me tell you, it was not pretty... Horrible, like one of those strange Mel Gibson movies where getting shocked with a blow-dryer can actually make you read minds... Hold your breath I know what you're thinking....

Look out for the next post... :D TO BE CONTINUED!!!